Thursday, August 26, 2010

Change Anyone Part 3

Change Number 2

I started a job!

The husband and I took a class called Crown Financial Studies. It's a biblically based money management class. It is very practical and easy to understand. All the lessons come straight from the Bible. And the biggest things I took from that job was how much debt is a consequence of sin! I know, it's crazy. I knew that debt wasn't necessarily a good thing. But I didn't realize that debt was actually laid out as a punishment for sin.

The other thing I took away from the class was how much debt hinders me from serving freely in God's ministry for me. How many times have I seen a missionary that needs support or a hungry child and thought, man I would love to help them! But then I look at my budget and see all our money tied up in paying bills. And then I get all discouraged.

So, all of that is to say I applied for a job at about 10 different places, didn't hear anything. Than, I hear from a certain awesome retailer for an interview. I go in, they liked me, I get hired. Now I am a part-time associate for a great company. I think it will be a lot of fun. And it will definitely help toward getting us out of debt. There will be more posts in the future about that whole process.

This is going to require some changes in our family set up. I know that, the husband knows that. The kids are used to me being gone once or twice during the week. But it will all be short term. And there will be a great ability for our family to do fun things and not be hampered by all that debt.

1 comment:

Annette said...

That's awesome, Katie. This class has inspired me, too. I think God really used it in all of our lives. Financial freedom is a great thing!